I miss this space, but the truth is, I just haven't had the words lately. Life is lovely but chaotic, and it just hasn't accommodated a lot of inspiration or time for the written word this summer.
While I have been lacking in the words department, our little lady has more than made up the difference. Her personality and language abilities are exploding right now, and I felt it worthy to pop in here in the interest of documentation.
There's plenty of babble and gibberish all day, every day. We don't understand it, but we know it is adorable. Mixed in with the baby conversations though, there are also words. Lots of them.
Here's a running list (so far) off the top of my head:
- Woof (for our dogs, dogs in her books and dogs we see on the street)
- Baby (this one is new and she points to the cover of one of her books and says it, and it melts my heart each time. There is in fact a baby on the cover of that book)
- Nana (this is perhaps her favorite word)
- Grandad (sounds more like "graada" but we'll take it)
- Matt (this one is especially cute sounding)
- ROAR! (said when we open up her animal book to the lion page)
- Water (sounds like "wa-wa")
- More (sounds like "ma")
- Milk (sounds like "miiii")
- Shoe (sounds like "shhh")
It seems like she conquers new words daily, and I really love hearing her little voice all the time. Can't wait to see what she says next.
Happy September to all. Fall and holidays and all of my favorite things are on the horizon. Lovely.